How far along: 4 Weeks (we assume!)
Gender: No idea, but my guess is a sweet baby boy!
Size of baby: A sweet little poppy seed!
Maternity clothes: Of course none at the moment but I’m already loving my maxi skirts as I’m not a fan of any pressure on my stomach.
Stretch marks: I’ve already got them just from being a thick girl, but obviously none from BJ. Ran wants to go ahead and get stretch mark cream and start now. He’s way more on top of this stuff than I am.
Belly button in or out: In.
Sleep: Eh. I was exhausted now I just lay in bed for hours. It’s getting a little better. I’m forcing myself to go to bed when I get tired and then I force myself up. I’m hoping eventually I can get back to my lovely 8 hours instead of this silly 6. I love to sleep!
Best moment this week: Confirming the pregnancy with the doctor after 4 HPT! Just hearing him say it was such a relief! We also announced it to our families and friends. I didn’t want to because it is SO early, but I’m not sure Ran or our families would have held out much longer. The outpouring of love and support has been overwhelming! We are surrounded by such amazing people! And we’ve got an army of prayer warriors interceding for this baby and that makes me so happy!
Worst moment this week: We didn’t know when my last cycle was so Dr. J did a sonogram and it was of course empty. He kept reassuring me everything is fine and it is way too early to see anything but that empty sono was unnerving to me. Everyone has told me it’s all fine and perfectly normal. It’s still a pit in the stomach feeling. I’m ready for Friday for my next beta to check my numbers. I just want them to skyrocket. Prayers they do!
Miss anything: Sleep. Other than that, no a dang thing! I’m dancing on air!
Movement: Nothing, obviously, except for a nervous stomach.
Cravings: I’ve been eating a lot of fruit but I wouldn’t call it a craving. Basically fruit and fried squash is my go to food right now. lol! I’ve been trying to cut out sugars and junk and so far I’m doing really well! I’m quite proud. I have no desire to eat junk. What ever I have to do for this baby, you know?
Queasy or sick: I have to eat small things as I’m hungry. Grazing if you will. I eat several different things but only a little of each. If I eat too much of one thing I’ll gag and then I’m just done.
Looking forward to: Feeling some sense of relief with this pregnancy. I just want to know everything is going to be okay! I want to know this little poppy seed is fine and developing!
Alpha Mom says at week 4:
Your baby is:
- Implanted snugly in the rich lining of your delicious uterus.
- Still less than a millimeter long.
- Seriously, a MILLIMETER. Go pull out a ruler and wrap your mind around that.
- I will wait.
- Okay, that little millimeter is growing three different cell layers already — the ectoderm, endoderm and mesoderm.
- In case you FOR SOME REASON don’t remember high school biology class (shame!), those are the earliest beginning of your baby’s nervous system, hair, skin, gastrointestinal tract, pancreas, liver, thyroid, skeleton, blood system, connective tissue, urogenital system and muscles. Oh, IS THAT ALL?
- Probably wondering where your period is.
- Beating the hell out of your boobs to see if they’re sore.
- Peeing on sticks, possibly cursing out sticks.