How far along: 5 weeks 5 days
Gender: I’m still thinking boy. We’ll know in about 12 weeks!
Size of baby: An orange seed!
Maternity clothes: Momma went shopping this week! Not for maternity clothes but I did get plenty of dresses that will easily last until fall when I’m big!
Stretch marks: None from the sprout!
Belly button in or out: In.
Sleep: I fell asleep at 7 pm last night then woke up at 9:40 asking Ran why on Earth he was still up at such a late hour! lol I also fell asleep eating on Sunday. I’m hearing it’s the progesterone. Several of my friends said it made them tired too. It’s uncomfortable when I sleep though because of my back pain. That has nothing to do with the baby though.
Best moment this week: Gosh! Where to start! The highlight of the week was of course having our first sonogram and getting our first glance at our sweet little sprout! Also Ran had 2 job interviews this week and they seems to have gone wonderfully! This baby is gonna have a Daddy with a job! HA! Any school that snaps him up will be lucky to have him!
Worst moment this week: We ended up in the ER Friday night with heavy heavy bleeding. I was laying on the bed totally numb. I just couldn’t believe it. I knew I wouldn’t be going home with good news, but God is bigger than we are and His plans far exceed our own! My cervix was closed and my levels were staying high! Praise the Lord. Again, our prayer warriors have really come through for us this past week. We are so blessed to have such amazing people supporting us!
Miss anything: Not a thing!
Movement: Nothing, obviously.
Cravings: It’s not a craving, but I miss eating whatever I want. I had Olive Garden this week and I don’t regret it at all! I haven’t felt full in a while and it was nice to stuff myself a bit while I can!
Queasy or sick: Much better this week! I haven’t noticed much of anything!
Looking forward to: Every moment of this pregnancy. Laying my eyes on that sweet baby hit me with a realization. I don’t care if I have this baby for 100 more days or 100 more years, I am going to enjoy every moment of this pregnancy. I am going to make it special and I am going to capture everything I can. I’ve waited so long for this and I’m not promised to ever experience it again. I want to remember everything. I bought a beautiful dress last night and I plan on being photographed in it every month of our pregnancy so I can watch my body evolve as this sweet miracle does. I will treasure this time in my life. ❤
Alpha Mom says at 5 weeks:
- Is about the size of a sesame seed.
- Looks more like a tadpole than a human-variety baby.
- Making developmental leaps and bounds by the hour like a damned GENIUS CHILD.
- Are totally for-real pregnant, with a positive home pregnancy test to prove it and everything.
- Are definitely popping a prenatal vitamin everyday — you can pick them up at any grocery store or vitamin shop. Your doctor can also write you a prescription, but if your insurance doesn’t cover them it’s perfectly fine to buy them off the shelf.
- If you don’t FEEL very pregnant yet, don’t panic. It’s early. Breast tenderness and fatigue may be all you’ve got at this point.
- Oh, and yes, it is time to stop smoking, drinking, doing drugs and licking inner-city mailboxes, if you’re into that sort of thing.