How far along: 6 weeks 5 days
Gender: I am 100% positive this baby is a boy. I just know it.
Size of baby: A sweet pea! And how sweet it is!
Maternity clothes: Nope, but I’m pinning some cute stuff for fall and winter! The plan is lots of aline skirts. 😉
Stretch marks: Not cause I’m pregnant
Belly button in or out: In. (Is it bad I hope it always stays that way? Does it have to pop??)
Sleep: I’m tired ALL THE TIME! Although getting up to pee 5+ times a night doesn’t help, but I legit love to sleep. I could get 10 hours and still grumble when my alarm goes off.
Best moment this week: We got to see sweet Spout’s heart beat this week! 126! I also got to spend time with my MawMaw for Memorial Day this past weekend. I love that woman more than anything on this Earth. She’s hoping Sprout is a boy. She’s the only one! I’m excited to have a son. I teared up over it today. Boys love their Mommas!
Worst moment this week: We laid to rest Ran’s great uncle Johnny this week. It was heartbreaking. He was such a wonderful man. Other awful things happened this week too, but I’m not getting into it. Moving on.
Miss anything: I could’ve gone for a sunrise or two this week! 😉
Cravings: I go from ‘eh, I’m good.’ to “OMG I’M STARVING! Feed me now!” in about 3 seconds. I really wanted pizza today, but I don’t think I was craving it. I was doing sequencing cards with the kids and a guy was making pizza and it made me really want it. I’ve been really loving cheez its to curb any icky stomach lately.
Queasy or sick: I’m pretty sure I have bronchitis or something of the sorts. The coughing made me throw up in the parking lot of the pizza place today. That was no fun. Between the coughing, the sneezing, and the body aches it’s been a bad couple of pregnant days. I’ll be glad when this ick gets lost!
Looking forward to: This weekend! EXTRA SLEEP! We’re going to see Maleficent tomorrow and my oldest niece Jodee has her sweet 16 on Saturday. It’ll be busy as usual, but I’m looking forward to it. And my best, Sam, is closing on her house tomorrow! So exciting and wonderful! I can’t wait to jump in there and help move and decorate! ❤
And Alpha Mom says at 6 weeks:
- Has tripled or even quadrupled in size and is now three or four entire millimeters long! Godzilla baby!
- Is working on growing a nose, some ears and a mouth.
- Is also growing flappy little leg and arm buds.
- Has a heartbeat that can be seen on an ultrasound — 100 to 160 beats per minute.
- Are maybe moody as hell.
- Are getting up in the middle of the night to pee.
- Food cravings and/or aversions can be pretty strong at this point. If salad with a prenatal vitamin chaser makes your stomach flip and your esophagus burn, then for God’s sake skip the salad and eat something that sounds appealing, be it chicken nuggets or black olives straight out of the can. There’s no need to be the Healthy Salad Martyr Pregnant Woman, nobody likes her anyway.
- Depending on the state of your digestive system and appetite, you may have gained a couple pounds already — or you may have lost weight. Don’t stress either way right now. It’ll probably all even out in the end.